- What you need to know before applying
- Applying to multiple positions
- ‘Draft’ submission mode
- ‘Application Complete’ notification
What you need to know before applying
Before applying for a faculty position, you will need the following information for your application:
- Your contact details, including email address and telephone number
- The date of your highest or most relevant degree earned and the name of the degree-granting institution
- A cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) in one document in either a PDF or MS Word DOC
- The names and contact information for three (3) references*
- Other attachments as requested in position advertisement**
Please note the following
- Your three (3) referees must send their letters of reference directly to the hiring department
- Do not attach reference letters to your application
- There is a maximum of 15 attachments per candidate (8.3 MB maximum per attachment)
- Only send materials requested in the posting
- Several items can be combined into one attachment
Sending your application:
- Only apply online
- Do not send a copy of your application to the chair or department
Applying to multiple positions
If you apply for two or more positions, the maximum 15 attachments is per candidate profile, not per application. You may use the same CV or other documents in each application by indicating it is a ‘Relevant File’ in your attachment list.
If you require more attachment slots you must either:
- Combine each set of application materials into one or two attachments, or
- Create a new candidate profile with a unique email address
Do not use two profiles to apply for the same position.
Do not delete attachments for any positions for which you are still under consideration; they will not be seen by the hiring department.
‘Draft’ submission mode
If you do not receive an email acknowledgement that your application has been submitted, please check to ensure your application is not in draft submission mode.
- From the Academic Employment Opportunities job listing page, select ‘My Account Options’
- Log in with your username and password
- Select the ‘My Jobpage’ tab
- If the position is under ‘Draft Submissions,’ select ‘Finish Job Submission’
- Move through the steps until you reach the Summary page
- If you chose not to enter information at a step, select the ‘Save and Continue’ button to progress
- Select the ‘Submit’ button to send your application
You will now see confirmation that your submission is complete and you will receive an acknowledgement by email.
‘Application Complete’ notification
Your application is not complete until you see the following confirmation:
You will also receive an application acknowledgement notice by email. Incomplete applications will not be received by the hiring department and will not be considered.