- I work at U of T but do not have regular access to a computer. Is there another way for me to access the jobs listings?
- I made a mistake on my resume. Can I resend it?
- You asked for an email address but I don’t have one. What should I do?
- What should I do if I’ve forgotten my password?
- What should I do if I’m locked out of my account?
- What should I do if none of the choices for a question is appropriate for me?
- How do I unsubscribe from receiving job posting notifications?
- I was sent a posting notification, but can’t view the job. What’s going on?
- I’ve asked to be notified of U of T jobs but have not received any notifications. Is there a problem?
- I was contacted for an interview but can no longer find the details of the posting online. Do you have an archive for job postings?
I work at U of T but do not have regular access to a computer. Is there another way for me to access the jobs listings?
Jobs are also posted at various points around campus. Your HR generalist can tell you which one is closest to you. As well, there are computer terminals at libraries across campus and at 215 Huron Street, on the 8th floor (for U of T employees) and the 6th floor (Organizational Learning & Development Centre).
I made a mistake on my resume. Can I resend?
Yes. It is possible to update your submission at any point until a job posting closes.
You asked for an email address but I don’t have one. What should I do?
There are a variety of ways to obtain a free email account as an individual. U of T employees who do not have an email account should speak with their manager about setting up an official University of Toronto email account.
What should I do if I’ve forgotten my password?
If you’ve forgotten your password, simply log in as a returning candidate and select Forgot Password. You will receive further instructions on setting up a new password via email.
If you are an internal applicant and are using your UTORid and password to apply, please contact your Campus Specific Help Desk.
What should I do if I’m locked out of the system?
Your account automatically unlocks in about 10 minutes. If you cannot remember your username or password, please follow these instructions:
- Locate the position for which you would like to apply
- Select either the job title or Apply
- Select Forgot Username
- Fill in the following screens (only enter your email address)
- Copy down the username and select Cancel
- Select Forgot Password
- Fill in and submit the form
You will then be sent further instructions via email.
If you currently have a space in your existing profile username, you may be prompted to change your username when logging in. If you are taken to a Change Username / Password page, please create a new username that does not contain spaces.
What should I do if none of the choices for a question is appropriate for me?
Please provide the answer that most closely matches your situation, as the application must be complete before it will be processed. You may wish to explain or elaborate on your choice in your cover letter.
How do I unsubscribe from receiving Job Posting Notifications?
You can unsubscribe to this setting at any time. Just log into your Candidate Profile, and then follow these instructions:
- Log in to your account
- Either select Submit / Modify Your Profile or the drop-down arrow beside your name and select Profile
- Proceed through the first few pages until you find the box: Accept invitations by email on career opportunities matching this profile
- Deselect the check mark to stop receiving job matches
- To reactivate this feature, follow the same process but select the check mark
I was sent a posting notification, but can’t view the job. What’s going on?
U of T believes strongly in promoting and developing its staff. One of the provisions of the collective agreement covering our largest employee groups is that some jobs are first listed internally to members of that union before they are available to others. It is possible that you have received a notification of a posting that is only available to members of specific U of T employment groups.
Before applying for position for which you have been sent a notification, please go to our Careers site and ensure that the posting is listed in the jobs section that matches your employment status (i.e., USW, internal, external, etc.). If you see the posting, you can apply online.
If you do not wish to receive further job posting notifications, you may unsubscribe. You can subscribe again while applying for a position or reviewing your profile.
I’ve asked to be notified of jobs at U of T but have not received any notifications. Is there a problem?
If you have not received a notification of postings, it may be because your email information is not correct in the system. Please check your profile to ensure all of your contact information is accurate. Changes can be made directly in your profile.
If you have not made changes to your profile or applied for any jobs for the year, the system will assume that your profile is inactive and will stop sending automatic notifications. You must take some action on your profile at least once a year to ensure it remains active.
I was contacted for an interview, but can no longer find the details of the posting online. Do you have an archive for job postings?
Unfortunately, the University does not have an archive of its expired postings. We recommend that you save the posting at the time of your application for future reference.